This policy covers how Preferred Auto Brokers, Inc. and its subsidiaries (“PAB”) treats personal information that PAB collects and receives, including information related to your past use of PAB services. Personal information is information about you that is personally identifiable, such as your name, address, email address, or phone number, and that is not otherwise publicly available.
This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that PAB does not own or control or to people that PAB does not employ or manage.
Information Collection and Use – General
- PAB collects personal information when you register with PAB and when you use PAB services.
- When you register with PAB we may ask for information such as your name, address, email address, phone number, credit card information, driver’s license information, zip code, and other financial information. Once you register with PAB and log in to use our services, you are not anonymous to us.
- PAB collects information about your transactions with us, including information regarding items you bid on.
- PAB automatically receives and records information on our server logs regarding your sessions on PAB websites and those of its subsidiaries, and related cookie information.
- PAB uses information for the following general purposes: to contact you, to facilitate bidding, buying, and selling of items by you through PAB and its affiliated companies, to transfer title and ownership of items bought and sold by you, and to comply with laws and regulations related to purchases and sales of items by you through PAB.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
PAB does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or nonaffiliated companies except to (i) provide products or services you’ve requested, (ii) when we have your permission, or (iii) under the following circumstances:
- We provide the information to trusted partners who work on behalf of or with PAB under confidentiality agreements. These companies may use your personal information to help PAB communicate with you about offers from PAB. However, these companies do not have any independent right to share this information.
- We provide the information in response to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims, or upon receipt of a request from law enforcement;
- PAB does not otherwise share personal information about website users with third parties unless doing so is appropriate to carry out a user’s request or it reasonably believes that doing so is legally required or is in PAB’s interest to protect its property or other legal rights or the rights or property of others;
- We transfer information about you to sellers of items purchased by you, to buyers of items sold by you and to their service providers that they may retain to facilitate the assignment of items to PAB sales venues, and to state and federal regulatory agencies as part of the title or ownership transfer process.
International Visitors and Customers
This web site is hosted in the United States. If you are visiting from the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, please note that you are transferring your personal data to the United States which does not have the same data protection laws as the EU and by providing your personal data you consent to:
- the transfer of your personal data to the United States as indicated above.
Safe Harbor Certification
PAB adheres to the Safe Harbor principles negotiated between the United States and the EU regarding data protection for customer data and personal data PAB receives when you register for its services or use its web site. Accordingly, when visiting this web site or providing personal data to PAB, PAB has taken steps to ensure the adequate protection of the processing of your personal data.
We reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to PAB services and your account with PAB, including but not limited to notifications, service announcements, and administrative messages without offering you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving them. Should you choose not to receive certain communications your access to or use of certain services may not be possible.
PAB may store your account information active in our databases indefinitely following the termination of your account with PAB to the maximum extent permitted by law.
Confidentiality and Security
We limit access to personal information about you to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs.
We have physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to protect personal information about you.
If PAB learns of a security systems breach we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. By using this website or providing personal information to us you agree that we can communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy and administrative issues relating to your use of this website. PAB may post a notice on our website if a security breach occurs. PAB may also send an email to you at the email address you have provided to us in these circumstances. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing. To receive free written notice of a security breach (or to withdraw your consent from receiving electronic notice) you should notify us at privacy@PABSalvage.com.
PAB takes your security seriously and takes reasonable steps to protect your information. No data transmission over the Internet or information storage technology can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. The following is a summary of the measures PAB takes to protect your information and descriptions of ways we implement these measures for different types of information you may provide to us:
- Secure Socket Layer (SSL) PAB uses SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption when transmitting certain kinds of information, such as financial services information or payment information. An icon resembling a padlock is displayed on the bottom of most browsers window during SSL transactions that involve credit cards and other forms of payment. Any time PAB asks you for a credit card number for payment or for verification purposes, it will be SSL encrypted. The information you provide will be stored securely on our servers. Once you choose to store or enter your credit card number on PAB, it will not be displayed back to you in its entirety when you retrieve or edit it in the future. Instead of the entire number, you will only see asterisks and either the first four digits or the last four digits of your number.
- Vendors and Partners PAB works with vendors and partners to protect the security and privacy of user information.
- Employee and Contractor Access to Information PAB limits access to personal information about you to those employees who we reasonably believe need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs.
- Education and Training for Employees PAB has implemented a company-wide education and training program about security that is required of every PAB employee.
Questions and Suggestions
If you have questions or suggestions, please contact us at:
Preferred Auto Brokers
3400 West Hampden Ave.
Englewood Colorado 80110
00005173.DOC: 2 Effective September 7, 2004 Updated September 13, 2007 4